Whitebird Desk by Ethnicraft
For our Whitebird collection, designer Alain van Havre brings together opposing elements, combining soft round legs and eye-catching graphic lines into light and airy designs.
- Wood pieces are unique and may come with natural variations.
- The natural characteristics are called “Medullary Rays” as they are the unique cellular structures found in solid wood (especially in White Oak).
- These desired characteristics are drawn out by the type of cut which is known as “Quarter-Sawn.”
- This type of cut is revered for its beauty, strength, and prevention of warping.
- Quarter-sawn oak is “a more structurally sound hardwood than flat-sawn oak. It resists cupping, twisting, warping, moisture penetration, and raised grain.
- One of the most sought-after features of quarter-sawn white and red oak is the flecks and the rays that appear on the face of the boards as a result of cutting along the growth rings.
However, other factors including light and shade variations will also enhance the beauty.
Alain Van Havre
50"W x 16 1/2"D x 30 1/2"H
Made of solid oak with a varnish finish and black metal legs.
Designed in Belgium