Upholstered Oak Bok Dining Chair by Ethnicraft
Over the years, the Bok dining chair has become one of our most recognizable designs. Designer Alain van Havre combines sculptural elegance and contemporary crafting into a graceful and airy form. This version features a cushion for extra comfort. Please inquire with our team about the availability of quick ship items prior to purchase. Stock levels can change frequently.
- Wood pieces are unique and may come with natural variations.
- Natural characteristics known as "Medullary Rays" are unique cellular structures found in solid wood, especially in White Oak.
- The type of cut, "Quarter-Sawn," brings out desired characteristics like beauty, strength, and prevention of warping.
- Quarter-sawn oak is more structurally sound than flat-sawn oak, resisting cupping, twisting, warping, and moisture penetration.
- It is revered for the flecks and rays that appear on the face of the boards due to cutting along the growth rings.
Other factors, including light and shade variations, enhance the beauty of the wood. Despite that, quarter-sawn oak is a more structurally sound hardwood than flat-sawn oak. It resists cupping, twisting, warping, moisture penetration, and raised grain.
ETH-51488-Oak with cognac leather
Alain Van Havre
20"L x 21"D x 30"H (18"Seat height)
Oak with cognac leather, Oak with dark brown upholstery, Black oak with grey upholstery, Black oak with black leather
Designed in Belgium