Stairs Column Bookshelf by Ethnicraft
An angular composition, designed by Alain van Havre, forms the heart of a design that aims to distance itself from traditional static and immobile surfaces. By perfectly aligning multiple angles, a unique sense of volume is created. When we then add light to the equation, the multi-faceted oak canvas creates even more depth by casting shadows. Please note that wood pieces are unique and may come with natural variations.
- The natural characteristics are called “Medullary Rays” as they are the unique cellular structures found in solid wood (especially in White Oak).
- The type of cut, known as “Quarter-Sawn,” draws out desired characteristics and is revered for its beauty, strength, and prevention of warping.
- Light and shade variations will enhance the beauty.
- Quarter-sawn oak is a more structurally sound hardwood than flat-sawn oak, resisting cupping, twisting, warping, moisture penetration, and raised grain.
- One of the most sought-after features of quarter-sawn white and red oak is the flecks and the rays that appear on the face of the boards as a result of cutting along the growth rings.
Alain Van Havre
18"W x 18 1/2"D x 80 1/2"H
Made of solid oak with a hardwax oil finish.
Designed in Belgium