PI Coffee Table by Ethnicraft
The PI collection honours nature’s design, by keeping the strength, curves, and lines, as nature intended. Interesting shapes are discovered in this sleek and stylish, polished imperfect, finish. Each PI coffee table is finished by hand to ensure that the individual character of the wood is respected.
- Wood pieces are unique and may come with natural variations
- Natural characteristics are called “Medullary Rays”
- Type of cut is known as “Quarter-Sawn”
- Quarter-sawn oak is a more structurally sound hardwood than flat-sawn oak
- Resists cupping, twisting, warping, moisture penetration, and raised grain
- Characteristics drawn out by the type of cut and light and shade variations
Designed by Alain van Havre. Despite that, quarter-sawn oak is “a more structurally sound hardwood than flat-sawn oak. It resists cupping, twisting, warping, moisture penetration, and raised grain. One of the most sought-after features of quarter-sawn white and red oak is the flecks and the rays that appear on the face of the boards as a result cutting along the growth rings.”
Alain Van Havre
61 1/2"W x 23"D x 15"H
Made from dark brown tainted mahogany with a varnish finish.
Designed in Belgium