N3 Counter Stool by Ethnicraft
Nathan Yong is the man behind the N-chair collection. "I like my designs to evoke a sense of wonder", he says, and that is exactly how we feel about this seating range.
- *Please note that wood pieces are unique and may come with natural variations.
- All in all, the natural characteristics are called “Medullary Rays” as they are the unique cellular structures found in solid wood (especially in White Oak.)
- These desired characteristics are drawn out by the type of cut which is known as “Quarter-Sawn.”
- This type of cut is revered for its beauty, strength, and prevention of warping.
- However, other factors including light and shade variations will also enhance the beauty.
- Despite that, quarter-sawn oak is “a more structurally sound hardwood than flat-sawn oak. It resists cupping, twisting, warping, moisture penetration, and raised grain.
- One of the most sought-after features of quarter-sawn white and red oak is the flecks and the rays that appear on the face of the boards as a result cutting along the growth rings.”
19 1/2"W x 20"D x 36"H, Seat Height: 26"
Made of solid oak with a hardwax oil finish.
Designed in Belgium