Blackbird TV Cupboard by Ethnicraft
For our Blackbird collection, designer Alain van Havre brings together opposing elements, combining soft round legs and eye-catching graphic lines into light and airy designs.
- Wood pieces are unique and may come with natural variations, known as "Medullary Rays" which are the unique cellular structures found in solid wood, especially in White Oak.
- The type of cut, known as "Quarter-Sawn," draws out the desired characteristics and is revered for its beauty, strength, and prevention of warping.
- Light and shade variations will also enhance the beauty of the wood.
- Quarter-sawn oak is more structurally sound than flat-sawn oak, resisting cupping, twisting, warping, moisture penetration, and raised grain.
- One of the most sought-after features of quarter-sawn white and red oak is the flecks and rays that appear on the face of the boards due to cutting along the growth rings.
Alain Van Havre
71"W x 18"D x 25 1/2"H
Made of solid oak, black tainted solid oak with a varnish finish and black metal legs.
Designed in Belgium