Naviglio Sofa by B&B Italia
A visual dialogue between structure and shapes, the Naviglio seating collection is made up of curved, linear and terminal elements, chaise longues, and ottomans. Synthesis is the project's essence and starts from its name. The seating base is a riverbed that defines the space to accommodate a backrest/armrest which is as sinuous as a watercourse.
As a piece of a puzzle, each shape is ergonomically designed into a single cohesive unit. The backrest section and the seating reveal a delicate balance between polygons and curved shapes, where geometry becomes softness and rigour blends with comfort. The different elements' upholstery is made of flexible polyurethane, to welcome and correctly support the body.
The choice was dictated by the object's nature - a sofa without seat cushions. The covers are available in a wide range of fabrics and shades. The backrest back features a continuous decorative insert, providing a linear element that further emphasizes the shape's continuity.
- Designer: Yabu Pushelberg
- Internal frame: tubular steel and steel profiles
- Internal frame upholstery: Bayfit® flexible cold shaped polyurethane foam, polyester fibre cover
- Armrest cushion (NA60_B): visco-elastic polyurethane, cover in polyester fibre and cotton, counterweight in lead chips
- Feet: thermoplastic material
- Top (TNA40): glass
- Support frame (TNA40): steel
- Base-frame (TNA40): marble (matt polyester finish)
- Cover: fabric (decorative section in Bellano fabric)