Harbor Laidback Armchair by B&B Italia
Harbor Laidback is a versatile and innovative armchair that redefines the concept of relaxation continuing the tradition of the Harbor armchairs, a classic it shares the origin of the inverted truncated cone shape and the harmonious and flowing line. Equipped with a swivel aluminium base with four spokes, Harbor Laidback has an unprecedented mechanism, perfectly hidden in the frame, that allows the simultaneous movement of the backrest and the seat. To control the movement, all you have to do is operate a lever strategically placed between the cushion and the armrest: once you have reached the most comfortable position, you release the lever and the backrest stops at the desired angle. To increase the feeling of well-being, the seat accompanies the backrest and moves almost unnoticeably. Harbor Laidback also features a height-adjustable upholstered headrest, distinguished by its distinctive counterweight, and can be combined with a cosy matching footrest and a round ottoman with removable wood tray.
The upholstery is available in leather or fabric embellished with an elegant saddle stitch that recalls the sophistication of saddlery and underlines the harmony of the shapes. The zip that crosses the backrest is an aesthetic and functional element that once again reveals the harmony with the Harbor family. In terms of form and materials, the identity of Harbor Laidback is born hybrid, adaptable to work environments as well as purely domestic spaces. The calibrated proportions and the height of the top of the seat make Harbor Laidback the ideal place to use a computer or tablet, to have a video call or enjoy a movie, to concentrate on a report or to retreat with a good book.
- Designer: Naoto Fukasawa
- Internal frame: tubular steel and steel profiles
- Internal frame upholstery: Bayfit® flexible cold shaped polyurethane foam, polyester fibre cover
- Base-frame and handle: die-cast aluminium
- Swivel support frame: galvanized steel
- Synchronized reclining mechanism: galvanized steel laminate
- Locking activation device: plastic material
- Headrest (HLB_P): shaped polyurethane, polyester fibre, cotton cover, counterweight in anodized aluminium and steel
- Ferrules: thermoplastic material
- Cover: fabric (double needle lapped seams) or leather (double needle lapped seams or sellier topstitch seams)